I thought I’d give an update on some of the new things happening on this website.
- The vLaunchpad has been updated and over-hauled, the blog roll has been alphabetized for easier viewing. I’ve added a new Storage blogs category since virtualization and storage seem to be so closely tied to each other. I added lots of new reference links, removed some old blogs that haven’t been updated in a long time and added lots of new ones that were missing. I also have added a Twitter section with my group lists and created a Tweet grid of the Top 20 bloggers and Top 100 VMware people that can be accessed at http://tweets.vsphere-land.com.
- I’ve created two Tweet lists using the new Twitter lists features so you can also quickly go to the Top 20 blogger or Top 100 VMware people tweets.
- Lots of vSphere link updates, including many new links on Thin Provisioning. Be sure and check out the new white paper VMware just released on the performance impact of using thin disks.
It’s been 6 months since I did an updated Top 20 blog list, last time I let everyone vote on it instead of me picking it. Time to do another one, some of the blogs currently in the top 20 haven’t been updated in a while and there are lots of excellent new ones out there. I’m going to expand it to the Top 25 and setup a survey using a new dedicated survey website. Voting will open Dec. 1st and run through Dec. 15th.
I’d like to highlight some of the excellent new blogs that I added to the vLaunchpad:
- Andi Mann – Ubergeek
- Lori MacVittie
- Pivot Point (VMware’s performance guru – Scott Drummonds)
- Virtual Cloud (Andre Leibovici)
- Virtualised Reality (Barry Coombs)
- Virtual Kenneth’s Blog (Kenneth van Ditmarsch)
- vSphere Blog (VMware)
Thanks for adding my site to your page of links. I think this is first time I’ve made it. I take it as a real compliment.
No problem, great sites are always welcome!
Cool stuff, I appreciate that you are linking me!.. 🙂
Kenneth van Ditmarsch
How does a blog get nominated to be on your site? Or do you choose the blogs eligible yourself?
After that, what is the process to shortlist the blog choices before final votes are tallied? Or do you not do a shortlist first, instead allow all voters to vote on a shortlist of blogs nominated or chosen by you instead?
@Chaffie for my vLaunchpad they are blogs I know about, sometimes I miss some so anyone is free to suggest those. The blogs must be VMware and/or virtualization related.