I’m looking forward to VMworld again this year, and most importantly seeing old and new friends again. This will be #11 for me and honestly it never gets old. Every single one goes by so fast and I always regret what I didn’t have time to do there. I’ll be getting in early Sunday and leaving Thursday morning. Ping me on Twitter at @ericsiebert if you want to meet up, below is a summary of what I will be doing at VMworld so far. This year I do have more magnetic buttons to hand out, I have a limited supply of vExpert 2018 and also vExpert 10 star buttons for those OG vExperts. I have have some special Viva Las VVols! buttons to give away to help promote VVols.
- Welcome Reception from 5:00-7:30, will be all over, at the HPE booth now and then
- VMUG member party for a bit at House of Blues starting at 7:30
- VMunderground at Beerhaus at The Park from 8:00 or so on
- HCI2810NU – VVols Deep Dive session – always a must see Patrick & Pete technical session on VVols at 2:00 in Oceanside B Level 2
- HCI2550PU – Leveraging VVols to Simplify Storage Management – a customer panel hosted by Bryan Young on VVols at 3:30 in Mandalay Bay Level 2, come out and hear from the people that love VVols
- Zerto party at House of Blues at 7:00, featuring a Pearl Jam cover band, last year they had a Journey cover band which was incredible, not a huge Pearl Jam fan but this should still be goodAWS & Rubrik Party at 9:00 at Hakkasan (MGM), they have RUN-DMC playing, I do like Rev Run (Joseph Simmons) so I might check this out
- VIN3684BUS – Doing an HPE storage session that I got thrown into at 11:00, I tried to cut out a lot of the marketing content so swing by and I’ll do my best to talk about VVols and other VMware technical integrations. At Islander I, Lower Level
- HCI1270BU – Power of Storage Policy Based Management at 12:30 in Mandalay Bay L, Level 2, come hear Cormac & Duncan talk about SPBM which is what vSAN & VVols is all about.
- Pete Flecha @ HPE Booth preaching the VVols gospel at 1:15, it’s Pete & VVols what more do you want
- HPE Blogger briefing @ 3:30, also one on Monday with Calvin leading it but I can’t make that one, I’ll be at this one though.
- Party’s: HyTrust at 6:00 at Fleur, Veeam at Omnia (Caesar’s) at 7:00, vExpert BBQ at Pinball Museum at 7:00, will try and visit them all.
- Pretty open, tried to not commit to too much this day, I do have a meeting with Lee Caswell, Bryan Young and Velina (SRM product manager) at noon, also a repeat of the Pete Flecha VVols show in the HPE booth at 2:45. For the first year in a while I’m actually leaving Thursday instead of Wednesday night (blame it one the crappy bands), but since the party is kind of far out and really has no big name entertainment I may skip it and try and get into trouble elsewhere.
Hope to see you there!