VMworld is a great time to soak in everything you can possibly learn about virtualization from all the many sessions, booths and experts attending the show. It can literally be information overload and at the end of a long day you probably feel a bit mentally exhausted from it all. So what better way to unwind then hit the many parties that are thrown each night during the event. I thought I would highlight a few from the full list which you can view here. I always believe the parties are a great way to network after the event in a more relaxed setting and I am always thankful to the vendors that pay a lot of money to put these parties on without getting much in return from them.
- 5:00-7:30pm – The official Welcome Reception – Don’t miss this one as it’s probably the best time to hit the Solutions Exchange, the vendors are all locked and loaded, fully staffed and ready to engage you. Of course having lots of free food and booze all around makes it even more attractive.
- 7:00-10:00pm – The legendary VMunderground party – Last year was probably the biggest and best year for this party which always tends to be crowded, the Metreon was a great venue for it. This year the venue sizes are much smaller in Vegas so it’s back at the Nine Fine Irishman bar in the New York, New York casino where it was a few years back. The event is no longer free for attendees as the sponsor pool shrunk this year, admission is $25 which is cheaper than buying food and drinks on your own dime in a Vegas bar.
- 6:00-10:00pm – Cohesity at TopGolf – I’ve never been much of a golfer, I used to play around a bit many years ago but I went to TopGolf for the first time this year and had a great time. If you’re not familiar with TopGolf it’s not what you think and you don’t have to be skilled to participate, think of it more like bowling with a golf club.
- 8:00-11:00pm – ThunDRstruck Party – Zerto is joining with PernixData and Nutanix to throw a great DR-themed party featuring the all female AC/DC cover band, AC/DShe. This one sounds like a lot of fun, especially if you are a fan of 70s & 80s era rock.
- 4:30-6:00pm – Hall Crawl – Come on back to the Solutions Exchange for round 2, during the Hall Crawl certain vendors will have beer and drinks at their booth.
- 7:00-10:00pm – vExpert Party at the Mob Museum – Invite only party for vExperts, always a fun time as Pat Gelsinger is usually in attendance along with other VMware top brass and experts.
- 8:00-12:00pm – Veeam’s annual VMworld party – Consistently one of the best parties at VMworld, Veeam is a company that constantly gives back to the community and they go all out on their VMworld party, this is one you don’t want to miss.
- 7:30-10:30pm – The official VMworld party – This year’s party is so epic you have to sign a waiver just to attend, don’t miss out on a night of fun.