Just like prior years in addition to the traditional top 50 voting I’m opening it up to allow voting in specific categories as well to help distinguish certain types of blogs. To do this I have created a form to allow you to nominate your blog or website for one of the categories that I have defined if your blog fits one or more of the categories, if it does not then don’t nominate it as all blogs on the vLaunchPad will automatically be included in the general top blog voting.
This form is not the general voting poll for the top VMware/virtualization blogs, this form is only to nominate your blog for certain categories if it fits. Once the nominations are collected I will open the polls for voting for the top blogs where voters will be able to rate their top 10 blogs and also vote in each of the categories.
You should only nominate your own blog/website, these nominations will be used to populate the category choices when voting opens. If your blog doesn’t fit one of these categories then do not nominate it, all blogs on the vLaunchPad will automatically be included in the general top blog voting. If your blog is not currently listed on the vLaunchPad use this form to let me know.
The criteria for the categories to see if your blog qualifies for them are as follows:
- Favorite New Blog – Blog must have been started in 2016
- Favorite Storage Blog – Must have greater than 50% posts as storage related
- Favorite Independent Blogger – Must not work for VMware or a Technology Partner (i.e. EMC, Dell, IBM, Unitrends, etc.), basically this means customers, resellers and integrators only.
- Favorite Scripting/Automation Blog – Must have greater than 50% posts as scripting/automation related
- Favorite Non-English Blog – Must be primarily published in a non-English language
- Favorite Podcast – Easy one, you must have a podcast
- Favorite Female Blogger – Special recognition for women in tech, must be a female blogger
- Favorite News/Information Site – Any site that primarily publishes news and information and is not really a blog
Again, only nominate your own blog/website!