- Quick Migration - A script from Mike DiPetrillo that duplicates the Quick Migration of HyperV in a VMware environment by suspending a running VM and moving it to another ESX host server.
- Report into MS Word - A script from Alan Renouf that provides a report in Microsoft Word of the virtual machines in your environment with graphs and pie charts.
- Dynamic Resource Pool Calculator - A script from Eric Sloof that recalculates all of your resource pools and can automatically increase memory and CPU reservations. It can be run interactively using a GUI or through a command line with arguments.
- VMware Infrastructure Power Documenter - A script from Antonio Zamora that produces many different detailed reports about your VMware environment in Open XML format.
- ESX Automated Configuration Midwife - A script from Lance Berc that adds a new ESX host to VirtualCenter and configures networking, storage, VMotion and a few other things.
- VMware Health Check script – A script that produces a report of your VMware environment including information on snapshots, datastores, VMware tools versions, mapped CD-ROM drives and more.
- Track Datastore Free Space – A script from Hugo Peeters that produce reports that track free space on your datastores so you can see how it changes over time.
- List Disk RDMs - A script that lists any Raw Device Mappings (RDMs) that exist in your environment which is helpful as RDM’s are not listed in the datastore list of ESX servers.
- Find snapshots and send email to user/users with - A script from Chris Uys that emails a report of snapshots that are running in your VMware environment.
- Setting Video Hardware Acceleration Level – A script from Hugo Peeters that sets the video hardware acceleration level inside Windows VMs to Full so they perform properly in a VMware environment.
Monthly Archive: January 2009
Jan 11 2009
Jan 08 2009
- VMware High Availability – Concepts, Implementation and Best Practices - A white paper from VMware that provides a high level overview of HA, technical details on how it works, how to implement it and best practices for using it.
- HA Technical Best Practices - A technical presentation from VMware on HA technical details, best practices and troubleshooting.
- Resource Management Guide – VMware’s official documentation on resource management which information on how to configure and manage HA.
- VMware HA Guidelines and Best Practices – A presentation from VMworld 2007 by VMware engineers that covers a technical overview of HA, configuration best practices, troubleshooting tips and technology directions.
- VMware HA and DRS Capacity Planning - A white paper from Kingston that covers HA specifically as how memory plays a role towards it and how to understand memory statistics and configure memory settings to work best with HA.
- VMware HA Implementation Notes - A document put together by a VMware Technical Account Manager to help answer frequently asked questions about using, configuring and understanding HA.
- So how exactly does HA’s admittance algorithm work? – A post from Chad Sakac that discusses in detail how the frequently misunderstood HA admittance algorithm works.
- VM HA – service console networking, isolation behavior - A post from Chad Sakac that discusses how HA isolation behavior works as well as the best way to configure the service console networking to work with HA.
- Virtual Machine Failure Monitoring - A white paper from VMware that describes the new VM Failure Monitoring feature that is part of HA starting with ESX 3.5 and how to configure it.
- HA Advanced Option settings - A post from Duncan Epping that lists all the many Advanced Option settings that can be used to configure HA with.