Archive for May, 2008
May 12th, 2008
May 8th, 2008
- Understanding Performance in a Virtualized Environment (VMworld 2007) - A VMworld 2007 presentation on understanding virtulization performance and overhead as well as dispelling common myths.
- Interpreting Performance Statistics in VI3 (VMworld 2007) - A VMworld 2007 presentation on understanding and interpreting VirtualCenter/ESX statistics in the VI Client and esxtop.
- Performance Tuning Best Practices for ESX Server 3 - A white paper from VMware with performance tips that cover the most performance-critical areas of Virtual Infrastructure 3.
- Top 12 ways to Improve Guest Server Performance under VMware ESX Server - A VMworld 2006 presentation with 12 tips for configuring hosts, virtual machines and guest environments for best performance.
- Performance Monitoring and Capacity Planning - A VMworld 2006 presentation on performance tuning methodologies and approaches.
- ESX Workload Analysis: Lessons Learned - A VMworld 2006 presentation on performing workload analysis and performance analysis of virtual workloads.
- VMware ESX Server: Best Practices for Performance - A presentation from EMC World 2007 with recommended performance practices and benchmarking guidelines.
- VM Performance Monitoring and Logging - A VMUG presentation from VMware on performance monitoring and using log files.
- ESX3 Performance Tuning - A VMUG presentation from Long View Systems on performance tuning ESX hosts and virtual machines.
- Performance Tuning for VI3 - A VMworld 2006 presentation on basic performance concepts, tools, technologies and recommendations.
May 6th, 2008
- Tips and Tricks - Disaster Recovery in a Box (VMworld 2007) - A VMworld 2007 presentation on the technical details of implementing a cost effective DR solution and packaged solutions.
- VMware Infrastructure 3 Capabilities for Improving Disaster Recovery - A VMworld 2006 presentation on why using virtual machines is a great option for disaster recovery.
- New Trends in Disaster Recovery for VMware (VMworld 2007) - A VMworld 2007 presentation on current DR options and using Site Recovery Manager to automate DR workflows.
- VMware ESX Server and Storage Architecture Best Practices for Performance, Backup, and Disaster Recovery - A VMworld 2006 presentation on how to architect storage for use in a VMware DR environment.
- Disaster Recovery Virtualization - A white paper from VMware and DoubleTake on using virtual machines and data replication for disaster recovery.
- Leveraging VMware ESX Server in Disaster Recovery Solutions - A VMworld 2006 presentation with case studies on using VMware ESX as a DR solution.
- Disaster Recovery Solution Architecture for VMware (VMworld 2007) - A VMworld 2007 presentation describing how to use Site Recovery Manager as an effective DR solution.
- Innovative Approaches for High Availability and Disaster Recovery in Your VMware Infrastructure Environment - A VMworld 2006 presentation by Symantec on DR challenges and solutions and using Veritas Cluster Server as a DR option.
- VMware ESX Server as a Foundation for High Availability and Disaster Recovery for the Microsoft Server Platform - A VMworld 2006 presentation by EMC on using HA layers, DR layers and Contimuation of Operations.
- VMware users explore disaster recover options - An article on different DR options used by various companies with their VMware infrastructure.
May 5th, 2008
- VI3 Networking - Concepts and Components (VMworld 2007) - A VMworld 2007 presentation describing the VI3 network architecture and how to properly configure it.
- VI3 Networking - Advanced Configurations and Troubleshooting (VMworld 2007) - A VMworld 2007 presentation on advanced virtual networking topics with tips for troubleshooting problems.
- VMware ESX Server 3 802.1Q VLAN Solutions - Provides concepts and configuration tips for using 802.1Q VLAN tagging with your vSwitch configurations.
- Integrating Virtual Machines into the Cisco Data Center Architecture - A white paper written by Cisco on ESX server networking architecture and integration with Cisco network devices.
- Networking Performance in VMware ESX Server 3.5 - A white paper from VMware comparing virtual to physical networking performance.
- Network Throughput in a Virtual Infrastructure - A white paper from VMware that outlines the considerations that affect network throughput.
- ESX3 Networking Internals - A VMware TSX 2007 presentation on the internals of how ESX vSwitches function.
- High Performance ESX Networking - A VMware TSX 2007 presentation on ESX network design considerations.
- How To Configure Networking from the Service Console Command Line - A VMware KB article on setting up networking via the CLI, a must know if you lose your networking configuration and cannot connect to an ESX Server via the VI Client.
- Server Virtualization - Network Implications and Best Practices - A presentation from Cisco on network virtualization architecture and design considerations for Cisco networks to support virtual environments.