Automating High Availability (HA) Services with Vmware HA
Effective DRS and HA in Production (VMworld 2006)
Configuring VMware High Availability for your virtual servers’ needs
VMware HA and DRS Capacity Planning
HA Failover Capacity
Virtual Machine Failure Monitoring
Best Practices and Advanced Features for VMware High Availability
HA Technical Best Practices
VMware HA Guidelines and Best Practices (VMworld 2007)
So how exactly does HA’s admittance algorithm work?
VMware HA Configuration Notes
VM HA – service console networking, isolation behavior
High Availability “Deepdive”
HA Advanced Options
das.allowNetwork where and when
HA network compliance check in VirtualCenter Update 3
HA Network Compliance Check
After installation or upgrade to VirtualCenter 2.5.0 Update 2 an Incompatible HA Networks error is generated
VMware High Availability – Concepts, Implementation and Best Practices
VMware HA Implementation Notes
Advanced Configuration options for VMware High Availability
VMware HA – Overview and Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting Adding an ESX Server Host to a VMware High Availability Cluster
Jan 08 2009
- VMware High Availability – Concepts, Implementation and Best Practices – A white paper from VMware that provides a high level overview of HA, technical details on how it works, how to implement it and best practices for using it.
- HA Technical Best Practices – A technical presentation from VMware on HA technical details, best practices and troubleshooting.
- Resource Management Guide – VMware’s official documentation on resource management which information on how to configure and manage HA.
- VMware HA Guidelines and Best Practices – A presentation from VMworld 2007 by VMware engineers that covers a technical overview of HA, configuration best practices, troubleshooting tips and technology directions.
- VMware HA and DRS Capacity Planning – A white paper from Kingston that covers HA specifically as how memory plays a role towards it and how to understand memory statistics and configure memory settings to work best with HA.
- VMware HA Implementation Notes – A document put together by a VMware Technical Account Manager to help answer frequently asked questions about using, configuring and understanding HA.
- So how exactly does HA’s admittance algorithm work? – A post from Chad Sakac that discusses in detail how the frequently misunderstood HA admittance algorithm works.
- VM HA – service console networking, isolation behavior – A post from Chad Sakac that discusses how HA isolation behavior works as well as the best way to configure the service console networking to work with HA.
- Virtual Machine Failure Monitoring – A white paper from VMware that describes the new VM Failure Monitoring feature that is part of HA starting with ESX 3.5 and how to configure it.
- HA Advanced Option settings – A post from Duncan Epping that lists all the many Advanced Option settings that can be used to configure HA with.