NAKIVO recently released a new version of their Backup & Replication product, v7 which adds support for vSphere 6.5 as well as some welcome new features which are listed below:
- Hyper-V Backup – support for Microsoft Hyper-V 2016 and 2012. , v7 provides image-based, application-aware, and forever-incremental Hyper-V backup.
- Hyper-V Replication – v7 can create and maintain identical copies of Hyper-V VMs on a target server. The copies (called VM replicas) remain in the powered off state and do not consume any resources, yet you can power them on at any moment for near-instant disaster recovery. Just as Hyper-V backups, the replicas are image-based, application-aware, and forever-incremental.
- vSphere 6.5 – v7 supports the new VMware vSphere v6.5 features, including new VM attributes, encrypted VMs, etc.
- Skip Swap Files and Partitions – v7 automatically skips the swap file in VMware and Hyper-V VMs, which speeds up data transfer and saves storage space in a backup repository.
- Active Directory Integration – v7 provides integration Microsoft Active Directory! You can now easily map Active Directory groups to NAKIVO Backup & Replication user roles, which will allow domain users to log in to NAKIVO Backup & Replication with their domain credentials.
- Activity Management – v7 improves backup manageability by introducing the Activities tab – a single place that displays activities occurring in the product, such as running jobs, file and object recovery sessions, repository maintenance, and so on.
- Bulk Backup Delete – v7 provides an easy way to delete backups that you no longer need. For example, you can filter out backups that do not belong to any backup job or backups that are older than one year and delete them in a single click.