There are over 100 blogs dedicated to VMware virtualization, here’s your chance to pick your favorites and determine the top 25 blogs. The last voting was back in January and new bloggers are springing up every month. When casting your votes please keep the following in mind about the blogs.
- Longevity – Anyone can start a blog but it requires dedication, time & effort to keep it going. Some bloggers start a blog only to have it fall to the wayside several months later. Things always come up in life but the good bloggers keep going regardless of what is happening in their life.
- Length – It’s easy to make a quick blog post without much content, nothing wrong with this as long as you have good content in the post that people will enjoy. But some bloggers post pretty long detailed posts which takes a lot of time and effort to produce. The tip of the hat goes to these guys that burn the midnight oil trying to get you some great detailed information.
- Frequency – Some bloggers post several times a week which provides readers with lots of content. This requires a lot of effort as bloggers have to come up with more content ideas to write about. Frequency ties into length, some do high frequency/low length, some do low frequency/high length, some do both. They’re all good and require a lot of time and effort on the bloggers part.
- Quality – It all comes down to whats in the blog post regardless of how often or how long the blog posts are. After reading a blog post if you come away with learning something that you did not previously know and it benefits you in some way then you know you are reading a quality post. Good quality is usually the result of original content, its easy to re-hash something previously published elsewhere, the good bloggers come up with unique content or put their own unique spin on popular topics.
So please take all this into account when casting your votes, here are some more details on the voting:
- You can pick 10 of your favorite blogs and also rank them in your order of preference after you pick your 10. The results will be weighted with #1 ranking getting 10 points and #10 rankings getting 1 point. Point totals will be tabulated and from them the top 25 will be determined.
- Blogs are listed on the ballot with the current top 25 listed first followed by the remaining blogs in alphabetical order.
- Voting will run from 9/14 – 9/24, afterwards the results will be determined and announced on a special edition of the vChat podcast with myself, Simon Seagrave, David Davis and John Troyer.
- Two random voters will be picked to win a copy of my book, Maximum vSphere or a copy of the Train Signal vSphere Pro Series Vol. 2 video training course.
- Duplicate vote protect is enabled, we’ll be using geolocation, IP addresses & cookies to protect against duplicate votes. Because of this voters in corporate environments or using shared IP addresses may not be able to cast votes. Use computers with unique IP addresses instead. This isn’t Chicago, please be honest and fair when voting, any suspicious votes will be tossed.
- Prizes will be awarded randomly to some of the top blog winners, prizes are to be determined but may include NFR vendor licenses, books, shirts and more.
- If you are note familiar with a blog you can use my vLaunchpad to see links to them all. Try not to pick blogs based just on names but also take content into account. There are a lot of good blogs currently not in the top 25 that deserve to be there.
So what are you waiting for, head on over to http://vote.vsphere-land.com to cast your ballot and reward the best bloggers for their hard work and dedication by letting them that you appreciate them. Special thanks to Train Signal for sponsoring the voting!
Note: You won’t be able to complete the survey from an iPhone/iPad due to the drag & drop interface used to rank the blogs.